Aug 20, 2014,
- Workers demonstrate outside Grand LisboaSJM employees march round the casino-hotel, whistling demand for higher pay
- August 1-17 table revenue estimate MOP15.9 blnSterne Agee says casino revenue run-rate 1.5 pct less than a year earlier
- Average visitor spends MOP2,141 in Macau in Q2Visitors staying overnight spend more per head, but day-trippers spend less
- Macau banks take on more intl business in Q2Intl assets grow to MOP1,018.9 bln, intl liabilities grow to MOP968.4 bln
- MGM Resorts mulls casino on Tokyo fish market siteBoss visits the market in anticipation of legalisation of casinos in Japan
- Galaxy Entertainment H1 net profit hits HK$6 blnRevenue grows 25 pct to HK$38.4 bln, EBITDA increases 26 pct to HK$7.3 bln
MB VideoBusiness Awards of the Year – Cable TV Business Awards of the Year – Teaser
Inside Macau Business
Building the pyramids Macau’s increasing number of construction projects has caused a great labour shortage.
“For every restaurant there’s a reason” Restaurateur Rainer Becker has invigorated the culinary markets in both the East and West.
A place to hang your hat Macau does not have the typical serviced apartments that most expats desire.
A day in the office In Macau, Chinese, American, Portuguese and Japanese companies still adopt different approaches to management, even though such differe
Beijing shockwaves President Xi Jinping’s anti-corruption policy hit a new high after it was confirmed that the retired member of Politburo Standing Commi
Keep your powder dry We’ve all heard about 2014: a choppy, bumpy performance, UnionPay and junket crackdowns, record drops in gaming shares, the VIP take ta
The MagazineCurrent Issue | August 2014 Subscribe
- Casino business springs back from World Cup slump Revenue was appreciably higher after the football tournament than before
- Melco Crown Entertainment Q2 net profit falls Net revenue drops as VIP gaming slump outweighs perkiness in mass market
- Opening date of MGM Resorts Cotai casino in doubt Company still aiming for 2016 opening, but exactly when is up in the air
- Sands China H1 net profit rises to US$1.37 bln EBITDA a record as business in mass market and premium mass market grows
Voting PollWhat are your expectations for the gross gaming revenue growth of Macau’s gaming industry in 2014?