Macau | Investment in securities jumps until June
| 05:30pm
Macau Opinion | Unloading safety
| 05:00pm
Macau | Sulu Sou’s case, an example of suppressing civil rights - Au Kam San
| 04:37pm
Philippine chief justice warns of threat to democracy
| 04:21pm
South Korea fears further missile advances by North this year in threat to U.S.
| 04:16pm
Televisa executive shot dead outside Mexico City while riding bike
| 03:30pm
Macau | Digital parking metres start operating in Areia Preta district
| 02:30pm
Indonesia speaker swaps hospital for detention amid graft accusations
| 02:00pm
Macau | HZM Bridge ready by year-end, says project manager – China Daily
| 12:54pm
Chongqing renews attacks on former disgraced leaders
| 11:56am

Breakdown compensation

CTM offers 15 per cent discount on monthly Internet charges for users affected by service breakdown on April 18

Companhia de Telecomunicações de Macau SARL (CTM) announced it would pay compensation to clients affected by a four-hour Internet access breakdown on April 18, a company release stated.
According to the company, although ‘this was an unpredictable incident caused by a software bug’, CTM decided to offer ‘a once-off 15 per cent discount on Internet monthly service charge for potential affected Internet customers’.
‘The relevant customers will be automatically entitled to a once-off discount of 15 per cent on Internet monthly service charge of April, the discounted amount will be shown in the customers’ June service bill,’ the release informed.
On April 18, a software malfunction left 30,000 users in the city without Internet access for almost four hours, after an ‘an unusual surge of traffic’ led to the overload of two of the company’s Internet access servers, the company said last week.
At the time, the company reported that of the six servers used to serve 170,000 online users, two servers responsible for 55,000 users were affected, with CTM conducting an upgrade project on the two servers on 20 and 21 April, respectively.
CTM had to submit a report on the incident to the Macao Post and Telecommunications Bureau, with the department saying it may conduct administrative procedures against the operator if the latter is considered to be responsible for the incident.

OPINION

545 POSTS0 COMMENTS
224 POSTS0 COMMENTS
185 POSTS0 COMMENTS
103 POSTS0 COMMENTS