Macau (MNA) – The Macau SAR Government will not submit a partial document for public consultation on the question of the road traffic law, the Secretary for Transport and Public Works, Raimundo Arrais do Rosário, told media on Thursday.
“Right now the road traffic law is a law; the public consultation first launched on this was to revise the whole law, so we are not planning to change only part of it. We aim to change the whole thing,” said the Secretary.
Rosário was addressing the recent decision by the government to withdraw the bill from public consultation – previously scheduled from June 28 to August 26 – after several legislators and sectors of society expressed discontent when the government disclosed it was planning to raise fines for illegal parking from MOP300 to MOP600.
Specifically on the discussions held today by the 3rd standing committee of the Legislative Assembly (AL) on taxi regulations, the Secretary claimed that they had already reached some conclusions on the text.
“We have already started discussing specific Articles of the regulations and have worked over until Article 4, and will continue [the discussions] next week,” claimed the Secretary.
He added that other questions will be discussed and revealed to media as they progress with their talks.