Macau | Integration with Mainland progressing with agreements signing
| 10:30pm
Macau | Industrial and Commercial Fund disburses over MOP53 million in Q3
| 10:09pm
Russia trolls try to sow UK discord amid attacks: report
| 09:06pm
Macau | Increased energy consumption levels to be matched with increased supply - CEM
| 08:35pm
Macau | VIP hold rate ‘slightly below normal’ in the month up to December 17 - Bernstein
| 08:15pm
Malaysian PM gets likely boost with electoral boundaries ruling
| 08:03pm
Macau | Fewer but more important roads to be repaired in 2018 - DSAT
| 06:51pm
Austrian far right sworn into new government
| 06:40pm
Macau | MGTO Director says 2018 ‘Year of Gastronomy’
| 06:20pm
Macau | New tunnel in the making, CCCC Highway Consultants Co. in charge
| 05:45pm

Opening date of The 13 delayed again

Statements by 13 Holdings Ltd. reveal that the opening of its luxury hotel development in Cotai might be further delayed. Having announced in September of last year that the opening of The 13 was set to take place ‘in early 2017’, the company responded yesterday to an enquiry, through public relations firm Edelman, stating that […]

Statements by 13 Holdings Ltd. reveal that the opening of its luxury hotel development in Cotai might be further delayed.
Having announced in September of last year that the opening of The 13 was set to take place ‘in early 2017’, the company responded yesterday to an enquiry, through public relations firm Edelman, stating that ‘an opening date will be announced later in the year’.
The response was provided initially to gaming news website GGRAsia, and was also confirmed by Business Daily.
This reveals another possible delay for the luxury project without any specific deadline for The 13 hotel being revealed.
In the release, it is only stated that the hotel, which is said to have cost US$7 million (MOP56 million) per room, is in ‘the final stage’ with 13 Holdings Ltd. planning to ‘bring the project to the market in 2017’.
In previous responses to Business Daily’s enquiries, the group affirmed that its opening date would not stretch into 2018, stating ‘the commercial opening of the property will be in 2017’. When asked about potential gaming offerings at the property, the group noted that it ‘does not comment on gaming in the market at this time as a matter of corporate policy’.
In the lead up to the opening of the hotel, the group noted that it has held ‘private preview parties’ for the likes of Prince Albert II of Monaco and the Emir of Abu Dhabi in Monaco and Dubai.

OPINION

632 POSTS0 COMMENTS
228 POSTS0 COMMENTS
186 POSTS0 COMMENTS
103 POSTS0 COMMENTS