Macau | Newest Lamborghinis for new store opening
| 08:55pm
Macau | Debate request for Municipal Institute and accountability hearing after Typhoon Hato turned down - AL
| 07:45pm
Macau | CEM not accountable for Macau Light Festival lack of light
| 07:37pm
Macau | Debate on universal health insurance system moving forward - AL
| 07:17pm
Macau | 2018 fiscal budget passed final reading - AL
| 06:58pm
Poisoned syringes fired at pet dogs for China meat trade
| 06:31pm
Macau | Wages adjustment and investment in social funds and education – Legislators
| 06:15pm
Macau | Clean Energy forum analyses Belt and Road connections
| 05:51pm
Google opens AI centre in China as competition heats up
| 05:30pm
Macau Opinion | Taxing matters
| 05:00pm

Seek and ye shall find

HKSAR gov’t authorities announced that 116 abnormalities were found in the HKZM bridge

The Hong Kong Government announced on Saturday that 116 abnormalities of the concrete cube test results were found for the Hong Kong section and related projects of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau bridge, according to the press release posted by the Hong Kong Information Services Department.
Acting Director of Civil Engineering & Development Department (CEDD) Norman Heung said the results were produced from a review of the concrete cube test reports conducted by the contracted laboratory, Jacobs China, from 2013 to 2014.
Problematic test results were being delivered to the Highways Department for follow-up action.
Heung revealed on Saturday that abnormalities were also found in 130 results from another 55 projects involving the laboratory in question, during a period from 2013 to 2014.
The department head said the subsequent analysis disclosed that the abnormalities from the 55 projects pose no impact regarding compliance with the General Specifications for Civil Engineering Works requirements.
Heung added that further analysis will be performed to check for abnormalities of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge Hong Kong section and related projects.
In late May, accusations were raised over Jacobs China for falsifying concrete test results of the super bridge.
Earlier this month, the Hong Kong Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying affirmed that there was no problem with the concrete used on the bridge, according to the results produced from non-destructive concrete strength tests, both on samples and on-site, since the falsification of concrete test results surfaced.

OPINION

620 POSTS0 COMMENTS
228 POSTS0 COMMENTS
186 POSTS0 COMMENTS
103 POSTS0 COMMENTS