Macau | Local driver Andre Couto confident in return to competition after six-months recovery
| 07:30pm
Macau | Daniel Ticktum wins a dramatic FIA F3 World Cup - Grand Prix
| 05:14pm
China military sets up website to report leaks, fake news
| 03:45pm
Big Tobacco Fumes Over New EU Salvo in Cigarette Smuggling War
| 03:16pm
Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
| 03:09pm
Macau | Edoardo Mortara wins FIA GT Cup - Grand Prix
| 01:46pm
China wants Bangladesh, Myanmar to solve Rohingya crisis bilaterally
| 01:40pm
Lebanese FM may not attend Arab League meeting, to decide Sunday: senior Lebanese official
| 01:15pm
Haitian army set to make controversial return after two decades
| 12:26pm
Argentina says satellite calls detected, likely from missing submarine
| 12:22pm

Gov’t initiates investigations into culture heads

Secretary for Social Affairs and Culture Alexis Tam Chon Weng has proposed to initiate disciplinary procedures against the previous president of the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Guilherme Ung Vai Men, as well as the Bureau’s incumbent president and vice president Leung Hio Meng and Chan Peng Fai, for the Bureau’s illegal method of recruiting workers from 2010 […]

Secretary for Social Affairs and Culture Alexis Tam Chon Weng has proposed to initiate disciplinary procedures against the previous president of the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Guilherme Ung Vai Men, as well as the Bureau’s incumbent president and vice president Leung Hio Meng and Chan Peng Fai, for the Bureau’s illegal method of recruiting workers from 2010 to 2015.
The Secretary disclosed yesterday that there are signs proving that the then president and the current heads of the Bureau had acted contrary to the obligations of leadership and civil servants, adding the decision was made based upon studies with the entire team and legal consultants.
The result of the investigations against the three will be announced to the public when available, said the Secretary.
Leung Hio Meng and Chan Peng Fai were both vice presidents of the Bureau during the period.
The illegal recruitment methods adapted by the Cultural Affairs Bureau were revealed by the Commission Against Corruption (CCAC) in an investigation report last month. The report said the Bureau had been avoiding launching open or central recruitment systems to hire its workers in a regulated way, doing so instead via the acquisition of services.
On Monday, Mr. Leung said in a press briefing that the recruitments were not related to any transfer of benefits or other illegal activities, adding such methods of recruitment had long been a norm during his administrative career since the previous Portuguese Administration.

OPINION

543 POSTS0 COMMENTS
224 POSTS0 COMMENTS
185 POSTS0 COMMENTS
103 POSTS0 COMMENTS